Sunday, October 9, 2011

Burlesque Deviation: Oscars Red Carpet



    Amy Adams. I normally find her a bit insipid. However second to grey, navy is my favourite colour so she had me at...well navy. But it's very 1940s glam. Traditional Oscars look but not boring or samey. Win!




    I love you so it makes up for your dress/Love the dress but dislike you intensely. Maybes:

    Kicking off the half way there section is Mila Kunis. I quite like the colour and she's tres pretty. On the one hand I still go "Jackie" when I see her. On the other she's kinda interesting. On the third hand, this dress could have been great but looks like she went three rounds with a shredder. I'm not a fan of 'bitsy' dresses with lace hanging about. It just looks unfinished. But she kind of pulls it off.



    Also in this category is Cate Blanchett. Who is so stunning as to pull this off. Like a lot of her frocks, I think she picks really directional looks and goes a little avant garde, and she's lucky enough to pull them off. But I don't know about the shoulders. I think only Joan Collins (aka my real mother) should wear big shoulders.



    Jennifer Hudson

    I do love you despite the unfortunate cameo/bit part in SATC movie. I love the orange. I love that you look happy to be there and not like some miserable snotty nosed bitch. I think that I don't love the fabric- a bit 80s taffetta promish. But you kinda rock it. Maybe I should have put you in best dressed after all



    (NB: some nitwit noted it was a 'bit too much clevage'. Not all of us are flat chested. She works it. Deal with it)

    I do love this red on Anne Hathaway. I think it's better than Sandy Bullocks red (in that it's the right shade for her). But it could use some straps as she's a' fallin out.




    Worst Dressed:

    If you've read any of my other commentaries you'll not be surprised to see 'our' Nic here. I love that the idiot commentator from Who (where I've scabbed my images from) says that white's her colour. It really isn't. As a fellow fair skinned gal, it's tough to pull off. More so when you look as bland as a rice cracker. Every year I beg her....go back to your fiery red self. Tom Cruise may be a loon on loon pills, but you rocked some great frocks in your courtship.




    http://au.lifestyle.yahoo.com/who/galleries/g/-/8919591/3/oscars-2011-red-carpet-style-with-who-fashion-editor-siobhan-sheehan/

    Penny Cruz. It looks like a bedazzled nightie. No




    http://au.lifestyle.yahoo.com/who/galleries/g/-/8919591/6/oscars-2011-red-carpet-style-with-who-fashion-editor-siobhan-sheehan/

    Annette Benning. My 'commentator' seemed to think this was 'age appropriate'. Not unless you're 100. Matronly and dreary.



    In the case of the Kid(mans), I do dislike GOOP intensely with her preaching and prancing around. So I might be a tad prejudiced. But this reallly looks like a sparkly pillowcase. And straight ironed hair? Is it just me or is that a bit underdone and 2000-ish?



    Reese Witherspoon. Oh dear. What went wrong? The high pony maybe. It's a bit Polyanna, meets generic 90s teen romance. Maybe she's channelling her "Election" days? I never thought you could go so wrong with black and white



    ScarJo. Someone call Farizua Balk and Robin Tunney...the Craft bitches wants their dresses back



    Florence something orother. Who is this saddo? I really want to take her to Maccy D's and give her a Big Mac and a Sundae and tell her to cheer the fuck up.



    I couldn't find a saveable pic of Jackie Weaver. But if "Mutton dressed as Lamb" had an image reference it will be that. I heart the Weaver. But a 50s meets 80s style prom dress does the over twenties (and over 40s) NO favours!

    Departing on a side note. How does one become a 'fashion commentator'? Do I need to host a reality show or some sort of travel series. As I think quite frankly a lot of these idiots wouldn't know a good dress if Coco herself came and strangled them with her classic three strand pearls. 
    Source URL: http://fashionweekspring2012.blogspot.com/2011/10/burlesque-deviation-oscars-red-carpet.html
    Visit Fashion Week Spring 2012 for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive